Question by campsie09: What do “Template”,”web development”,”Site design ” mean by website developer?Is complete complete website?
comes up with Content management system?What thing i need to consider first before ordering cms?Isthere any classification of e-commerse site?
Answer by just “JR”
Lot of questions in one sentence!
– A “template” is a pre-designed website to which you have “just” to change the contents. Reserved to amateurs who do not have any graphic skills.
– “Web Development” is “making the design to work”, that is CODING.
– “Site Design” or “Web Design”: is an artist work to prepare a page/website, the way it will “look”… but does not work! You need the developer (above) to make it work.
– CMS: Content Management System. A kind of Integrated Development Environment that allows unskilled people to chancge the contents of their site themselves. Unfortunately, all CMS are written in complex languages such as Php, ASP, and require that knowledge to be used properly – which means that if you have the skills, you don’t need them!!!
These CMS are often offered to “clients” as a website feature (so the client can update his website without the need of the coder. The problem? They are way TOO complex for the clients and are (nearly) never used by the client (or used the first month and then forgotten)
A waste of time, really!
A proper CMS is developped by professionals to fullfill the requirements of the client… and nothing else!
– e-commerce: many scripts available, but ALL too complex: they contain too many features that you do not need. Some of them are 20Meg in size, and the user only makes calls to a few functions. A HUGE overhead for nothing.
A proper e-commerce can be written in a few Kb of code by any professional (and that will be EXACTLY what the client needs).
Add your own answer in the comments!