Question by Jaydeep B: Few Questions about SEO techniques – can you suggest the best practices?
I am learning to do SEO and many of the available literatures are confusing and sometimes conflicting – I have several practical questions and I would be obliged if someone can provide expert answers. Lots of thanks in advance.
1. Can I put a keyphrase like “e-business advantage” in the keyword tag when “e-business” and “advantage” are the words to be found in the content and not the “e-business advantage” phrase?
2. When “custom website design” is already defined as a keyphrase do I need to put keyphrases like “website design” or “custom website” or they are superfluous and not required?
3. Does “Bangalore Java Jobs” and “Java Jobs Bangalore” are same in terms of search?
4. The content has several occurences of “e-business consulting”, “e-business solutions”, “e-business strategies” and “e-business applications” – what would be an optimum keyword list?
5. The content has “pay-for-placement” so what should be my keyword? “pay for placement” or “pay-for-placement” ?
Answer by memetrader
If your 5 questions all relate to what should go into the keyword meta tag then the answer is – it doesn’t matter!
The keyword meta has long since been ignored by the search engines since people started to spam it in about 1997.
Add your own answer in the comments!