4 thoughts on “Do you have to pay taxes or claim if you get paid to blog?”

  1. Yes, that money is income, and must be recorded as such. You should contact a tax professional if you do not understand how to include this money as income.

  2. Dear U: You have income, you have a tax liability.

    Look at IRS Pub 17 and pages 5 & 6 for filing requirements.

    You can also expense items related to your “blogging”.

    This advice was prepared based on our understanding of the tax law in effect at the time it was written as it applies to the facts that you provided. Click on my profile to read more. Errol Quinn Enrolled Agent

  3. Yes, and unless social security and medicare are taken out, which would be rare, it’s treated as self employment income. If you get paid over $600 for the year from one person or company, they are required to send you a 1099. But even if they don’t, you are still required to report it using your own records of what you were paid.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.